The Obstetrics and Gynecology is a branch of science which deals with women healthcare and reproductive system. It includes care during pregnancy, child birth and pueperium (the time period immediately after pregnancy). Pregnancy is the most unique and exciting period of a woman's life. Special care needs to be taken during this time. At JNU Hospital, our team of experienced gynaecologists along with round-the-clock, 24X7 medical and paramedical backup provides tender care to all kinds of emergencies and high risk pregnancies and gynecological disorders.
- Treatment of All types of Gynaecological-surgical as well as non surgical problems including emergencies
- Specialised laparoscopic (Endoscopic), Gynaec Surgeries such as Laproscopic Assisted Vaginal Hystrectomy (LAVH), Total Laparoscopic Hystrectomy (TLH), Laparoscopic ovarian cyst removal, Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy
- Removal of Fibroid from uterus, non descent vaginal hysterectomy, abdominal hysterectomy, ovarian cyst removal.
- Comprehensive woman health check up programmes including PAP smear and USG.
- Cancer Screening is important for every woman. Maintaining optimal pelvic health is essential to the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer and other serious conditions.
- Adolescent problems like anaemia and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) are one of the most common endocrine disorders. Approximately 30-40 per cent of teenagers visiting us suffer from PCOS, which often affects younger women. While the major fear is that it can lead to infertility, it can also become life-threatening as it leads to an increase in incidence of obesity.
- Management of Menopause
- Menstrual problems
- Pelvic pain
- Premenstrual symptoms
- Sexual concerns
- Breast diseases and menopause health issues
- The department is equipped with some advanced set-up with continuous electronic foetal monitors supported by the best tertiary care Neonatal ICU in the city, ensuring total care of mother and baby under one roof.
- High risk pregnancy care
- Fully equipped state of art Modern labour suites
- Painless labour
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Cancer Detection Clinic
- Infertility Clinic
- Family welfare clinic for family planning and birth control
Infectious diseases are major problem in our part of world. It includes Malaria, Typhoid fever, Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, Dengue fever etc. Most of these diseases present with fever & other symptoms, which are investigated in depth & treated.
Environmental Diseases which include diseases due to Industrial chemical exposure, drowning, electrical injuries, radiation injuries, snake bite, lizard bite, dog bite, insect or scorpion bite are treated in department of Internal medicine.
Senior consultant of department of internal medicine are involved in preoperative checks in addition to anesthetists assessment to manage &pick up existing medical problem prior to surgical procedures as well as to take appropriate measures prior to surgeries.